Wednesday, November 07, 2007

When horses are curious...

Ok, so as I was describing in the post above, we did a "trash the dress" session or "post wedding" session with Sarah and Johnny at Sarah's farm (Turnabout Farm in West Fallowfield). We've been talking about this concept for months and we were so excited when we could work out a time to do this. With all my excitement, I forgot one thing.... I'm nervous around animals, don't ask me why, I just am. So it never dawned on me that this would be an issue for me taking images near a horse. First of all, I had in my mind one horse and Sarah would be holding on to it. What I didn't realize is that we would be going out in to an open field with free ranging horses. Another thing I didn't know, is that horses are (as Sarah and Jen, the owner of the barn informed me later) are very CURIOUS! Translation: every horse in that field needed to come over and find out why Sarah was dressed up, why Bonnie (the main horse) was getting all the attention, what did a veil taste like and what does camera equipment taste like. Needless to say, I was completely out of my element and very happy when we moved into the shelter of the barn to play up in the rafters!


No comments: