Monday, November 06, 2006

Grampa turns 90!

I don't typically post pictures of my family, but I just had to honor my Grampa. He turned 90 and the family celebrated his birthday this weekend. We had family come down from New Hampshire to celebrate with him. My grandfather is one of those people you can't help but look up to. He is filled with so much knowledge and you always feel there is nothing he can't do. He has constructed buildings, built a lobster boat, is a master at knots, knits, started quilting when he was in his 70's, cooks, dug wells after determining where the water would be - I think a method called dowsing, carved, and that is just the tip of the iceberg! He moved to our area a year ago from Maine, after my Grammie passed away. We feel so blessed that he is so close to us now and the girls get to know their Great Grandfather and the amazing person he is. Happy Birthday Grampa!

No comments: