Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Lori's cousin gets married part III

Being the unobtrusive guest with large camera catching my favorite candid moments... Ok, so I did ask Dan and Kathryn to stop as they were walking down the hallway to get ready for their formal images. I couldn't pass up the double reflection I was seeing...
Now this is where it really gets good...After the ceremony, reception, and formal images, Dan and Kathryn were free and completed their time with the cruise photographer. Kathryn really wanted to get some beach shots as all their other photography was done on the ship, and of course, I was a willing participant. We had one hour to get to a beach, take photos, and return to the ship before it was to depart St. Thomas. So we found a driver and told him the plan who responded "plenty of time, plenty of time" so the three of us hopped in his van with the plan to get to 2 different locations on the island.


Now I'm not really sure how long it took us to get to the beach, but it wasn't fast. We spent 10 minutes there and the three of us knew we had to be quick. We hopped back in the van with the driver feeling certain we could get to one more spot that is apparently beautiful and still had "plenty of time" After driving for another prolonged period of time, looking at the clock, being past the time to return to the ship, we said forget that beautiful spot, we need to get back to the ship. Shocked, the driver still thought we had "plenty of time" we had to convince him that he must get us back to the ship which we could now see way in the distance across the water, and it was blowing it's horn. What seemed like forever, we finally made it to the parking lot to the tune of the ship's horn blasting warnings, told the driver to just stop and proceeded to make the made dash to the boat. We all had our shoes/flip flops off - Dan and Kathryn in their wedding outfits and me bringing up the rear with all my gear. Of course, everyone on the boat was watching cheering us on, giving us a count down, and yelling we weren't going to make it. All the captains were waiting for us and we boarded the boat while feeling like we needed to be sick! For someone who doesn't like to break rules and has been told countless times by my father in law that the only people who run to the gangplank are those who have had one too many drinks, this was indeed an adventure! While we were running I told Kathryn and Dan that this would be a great photo moment, but I didn't dare stop long enough to capture it! It's a funny story now, but it took us all a while to calm down from that experience.

So that was my eventful cruise. I don't think I'm the cruise type, but it was a great experience and I'm so glad I went. I'm so happy to be back home with my family, it's is incredible how much I missed them while I was gone. Time apart truly makes the heart grow fonder.

1 comment:

Eli Guinnee said...

Wonderful pictures Lori!